Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A fine line.

Until yesterday, I had no idea what a fine line there was between courteous and creepy for grocery store baggers.

Courteous
Male Bagger (mid 30's):
"Can I help you out with your groceries?"

Me:
"No, thank you."

Creepy
Male Bagger (mid-30's)
"Are you sure? I'd really like to help you out."

Me:
(Hmmm, let me think: Am I sure that I don't want a creepy man walking me out to my car trying to make conversation with me for ten excruciating minutes while I pray he doesn't say, or do, anything else creepy that forces me to wave the wedding ring on my hand in front of his face or pull the mace out of my purse. That's a tough one.)

"Yes, I'm really sure. No, thank you."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
run2online.net

alicetaylor said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic.

potaup