Friday, January 14, 2011

Unbelievable

As a working mom, I am always trying to juggle everything into some semblance of cohesion. If any of you have mastered this yet, please tell me your secrets. Also, as evidenced by my last post, I am on the look-out for some good working-mom friends (although where I would find the time to spend with them is something I haven't figured out yet). I think having another female who truly understands what it's like to work full-time, but still try to cook delicious meals and keep the house clean (and have people over for dinner sometimes or plan the occasional party - I have already started planning my son's 2nd birthday party in APRIL) is something that I really need. What I don't need is to read something like this post where Gwyneth Paltrow shares what it's like being a working mom. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You are a celebrity. You have assistants. You have nannies. You have a bazillion-million dollars. You are pathetic. Come and live my life for a week and then write your column, you ignorant douche. (The saving grace of the article is that it's written by someone who thinks it's as appalling as I do, albeit with a lot more colorful language.) Enjoy.

2 comments:

Lindsay Schultz said...

I was wondering what all the talk was about Gwyneth! Ugh, that makes me want to gag.

I know exactly what you mean about leaving your heart with your son when you go to work. Everyone made it sound like it would get easier. (!)

I love your phrase, stay-at-home-moms-in-our-hearts. Now if we could just win the lottery and make it real...

J. Elle said...

NO KIDDING. I'm a die-hard Publisher's Clearing House enterer.